1. PRIVACY PRACTICES
Our privacy practices, which are intended to promote confidentiality, are as follows:
- You do not have to give us personal information to visit our website.
- We collect personally identifiable information (name, email address or other unique identifiers) only if specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- Personally identifying information you provide will be used only for purposes of servicing a request, processing an inquiry or otherwise responding to a communication from a current or potential client or customer of Museum Music, Inc., or for such other purposes as are described at the point of collection.
- Information may be collected for statistical purposes and Museum Music, Inc. may perform analyses of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our site. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form.
- We do not give, sell or transfer any personally identifying information to any third parties, regardless of how such information was provided to us.
- We do not enable "cookies." (A "cookie" is a file placed on your hard drive by a website that allows it to monitor your use of the website, usually without your knowledge.)
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or access information, we reserve the right to gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. The only information about your visit that we would automatically collect and store is the following:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website.
- The date and time you access our website.
- The pages you visit.
- If you linked to museummusic.com from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our website more useful to visitors - to learn about the number of visitors to our website and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM EMAILS
You may decide to send us information, such as a custom CD inquiry, via email. We value your comments, and use information from our current or potential customers or clients in various ways to further our consumer protection and competition activities and to evaluate and assess our products and services.
Any personally identifiable information you provide to us via email shall be subject to and governed by our Privacy Practices. Any and all other information you provide to us, including without limitation, business information, ideas, concepts, complaints, suggestions or recommendations, shall be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
A word of caution: Email is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do NOT send via email personal information such as your bank account details, credit card information, social security number, or any other information you deem sensitive.
4. SHOPPING CART PURCHASES
In the event you use our Shopping Cart to make a purchase, we will ask you to provide personally identifiable information necessary to fulfill your order, including your name, telephone number, email address, credit card number, and the billing and shipping addresses. When you make such a purchase, your credit card information will be temporarily stored on a secure server. We reserve the right to retain for our records the personally identifiable information you provided with your order, to facilitate customer service and to keep you informed of our products and promotional offers. The web pages of our Shopping Cart use shared Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and 128-bit encryption for increased security, to ensure the protection of your personal and credit card information. All transactions are encrypted and Payment Card Industry (PCI)-compliant.
Museum Music, Inc. does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. We encourage parents and caregivers to monitor, or participate in, a child's exploration of the Internet, to ensure that personal information is properly protected.
Effective Date: March 1, 2012.